SCOR is a leading reinsurance company, working on a global scale through its 38 locations on five continents and its hubs EMEA, Americas and APAC. Our strategy is based on the four cornerstones of controlled risk appetite, high diversification, strong franchise and robust capital shields.
SCOR Global Life (SGL) is a subsidiary of SCOR combining all of the Group’s life reinsurance activities.
Play a role in shaping our future as a
Senior Retrocession Manager (f/m)
The Senior Retrocession Manager accounts for relationship management with SGL’s brokers and retrocessionaires and for monitoring internal and external reporting on retrocession related matters. Furthermore, he conducts portfolio and exposure analyses and the documentation of retro contracts, correspondence and quotation process.
Your range of assignments:
- Perform the set-up and renewal of SGL retrocession covers or alternative risk transfer transactions
- assessment of portfolio and exposures
- structuring/negotiation of appropriate retrocession covers
- review corresponding wordings and coordinate with support functions like SGL Retro Accounting and Single Risk Administration
- Expand existing relationships with retrocession brokers and retrocessionaires, support the development of new relationships
- Contribute to the wider risk management related responsibilities the retro team is dealing with (e.g. the annual update of guidelines)
- Monitor the assessment of deal-specific exposures in support of the SGL market teams and SGL Underwriting Risk Management team
- Ensure reporting on retrocession related matters
- Initiate and coordinate retrocession related internal projects
- Account for the report on the above activities within internal or external reports (including regulatory reporting) and presentation to SCOR internal committees if required
- Support development of SGL’s retrocession strategy
University degree/Master degree in Mathematics, Economics, equivalent other scientific discipline with strong mathematical/ insurance focus
- Longtime broad and sound work experience in (re)insurance with a focus on mathematics, finance or economics
- Broad understanding of life reinsurance and retrocession structures, markets and practices
- Very good IT skills of standard software (MS Office), and very good knowledge of the SCOR IT infrastructure
- Excellent command of English
- Proficient communication and presentation skills, for relationship management and in conducting negotiations (renewals)
- Very good analytical and mathematical skills
Are you interested in career opportunities in a dynamic environment within a fast paced, progressive and expanding company?
Yes? – Then please send your application in confidence to:
SCOR Rückversicherung / Direktion für Deutschland
Human Resources, Andrea Müller
Goebenstrasse 1, D-50672 Köln, Germany